HOMEASY Property Limited (′HOMEASY′, ′we′ or ′us′) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.heomeasy.co.uk (′Our Site′) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ′Act′), the data controller is HOMEASY Property Limited of Office 65, Friars Nook, 43 White Friars, Chester, CH1 1AD.
If you have any queries or comments about this policy, please get in touch by writing to ′Privacy Manager′ at the above address or privacy@Homeasy.co.uk.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to HOMEASY:
We will collect information that you provide about yourself by filling in forms on Our Site or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise
This includes information you provide when you register to use Our Site or purchase our Services, and any information that you input, upload, store, transmit or communicate when using Our Site or the HOMEASY Portal, and when you report a problem with Our Site.
The information you give to us may include the following:
Personal information: Your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number, and information about your property or your personal circumstances as a purchaser or vendor.
Property information: If you are selling a property, you may also upload photos and floorplans of your property. These will normally identity your address.
Payment information: When you make a payment for the fees on Our Site or over the telephone with one of our HOMEASY operators, we will collect the necessary financial information from you (such as the name on your credit or debit card, the type of card, the card number, start date, expiry date, security code and/or issue number) as well as any additional personal information.
This information will be transferred to our nominated payment processor. HOMEASY does not store this financial information.
Due diligence information: We are required to carry out checks on all Vendors and you will need to provide HOMEASY with documents to verify your identity. Copies of the identity documents and any other information that you provide to us will be stored securely by HOMEASY for compliance purposes.
If you are a registered user on Our Site, you can access and change any of your personal information in your account, or update your consent status, by logging-in and making updates to your account information.
- Information we collect about you:
Each time you visit Our Site and/or the HOMEASY Portal we will automatically collect information which may uniquely identify your browser or account.
This includes the following information:
- Technical information,including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit,including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources:
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies). As part of our business processes, we may pass information to them about you, and we may receive information about you from them.
We currently use the following facilities for the purposes of analysing information collected from you:
- Google Analytics;
- Google Adwords;
- LiveChat(used in collaboration with Google Analytics and Google Adwords, this allows us to monitor the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns on Our Site and track the impact of live chats on sales of our Services);
- MailChimp and Mandrill(these are used to send marketing emails, automated messages and targeted campaigns to you, as well as sending you your password and login details for Our Site).
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us:
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts which we may enter into with you and us and to provide you with the information and Services that you request from us;
- to process your payments for the Services;
- to undertake checks of your identify for compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations of 2007 (as amended);
- to provide information to relevant third parties, including:
- Local property experts (and/or their companies),in order to provide you with certain Services requested via Our Site;
- Independent contractors,commissioned by HOMEASY to produce an Energy Performance Certificate or take professional photographs of your property for use on Our Site, in the event that you request such services via Our Site;
- Our nominated third party providing deferred payment arrangements
- Our nominated third party payment processor
- to provide you with information about any other products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you:
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by electronic means and/or by telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations for a sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) may contact you by electronic means and/or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify email@example.com;
- to improve Our Site and the Services;
- to notify you about changes to our Services, changes to the features of Our Site and/or the HOMEASY Portal, and any updates to our terms and conditions; and
- to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you:
We will use this information:
- to administer Our Site and the HOMEASY Portal, your access to Our Site and the HOMEASY Portal, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Site and the Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources:
We may use the information we receive from other sources for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may also combine the information we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and information we collect about you, and use this for the purposes set out above.
- Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, and we may disclose personal information about you to our advertisers to help them reach the kind of audience they want to target;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site; and
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If HOMEASY or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of HOMEASY, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Storage of your personal data
Where you have registered for an account with us, you are responsible for keeping the log-in details to your account and the password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as is required by law.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may contain links to and from the websites of our Partner Sites, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
You can update your information or change the settings of your account online when you are logged into Our Site.
The Act gives you the right to access personally identifiable information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.